The letters of Paul to Timothy and Titus are of particular interest to me and continue to be a key part of my work in writing and teaching. As part of this work I contribute to the ongoing discussion of these letters at PastoralEpistles.com.
My previous work on the Pastoral Epistles includes:
- â€œThe Discourse Function of Î´Î in 2 Timothyâ€ (paper delivered at the annual Society for Biblical Literature meeting, 2011)
- â€œStudy Notes on the Pastoral Epistlesâ€ in the Holman Christian Standard Study Bible (B&H, 2010)
- â€œStructure and Cohesion in the Pastoral Epistles,â€ in Entrusted with the Gospel: Paulâ€™s Theology in the Pastoral Epistles, ed. KÃ¶stenberger and Wilder (B&H, 2010)
- Chapters on 1 Timothy and Titus and 2 Timothy in What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Their Writings, Ed. Berding & Williams (Kregel, 2008)
- â€œStudy Notes on the Pastoral Epistlesâ€ in the The ESV Study Bible (Crossway, 2008)
- Cohesion And Structure In The Pastoral Epistles, Journal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement Series 280 (T& T Clark, 2004) (review) (review) (review)Â Sample on Google Books
- â€œNew Catholic Commentary on 1 Timothy,â€ The Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood 15.1 (Spring 2010): 7-8.
- â€œThe Message of Titus: An Overview,â€ The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 7.3 (Fall 2003): 18-30.
- â€œStructure and Cohesion in Titus,â€ The Bible Translator 53.1 (January 2002): 118-33.
- 1 Timothy 2 – The Lifestyle Produced by the Gospel
- 1 Timothy 3:1-13 – The Gospel Shapes the Lives of Church Leaders
- 1 Timothy 3:14-4:5 – Contrasting Lifestyles and True Godliness
- 1 Timothy 3:14-15 What Is The Church?
- 1 Timothy 4:6-16 – Proclamation, Practice, and Perseverance
- 1 Timothy 4:6-16 – Ordination Sermon for Eric Smith
- 1 Timothy 5:1-16 – Honor in the Church
- 1 Timothy 5:17-6:2 – Worshiping With Regard to Authority
- 1 Timothy 6:3-21 – Contentment and the Fight of Faith
- 2 Timothy 1 – A Call to Spirit-Empowered Boldness
- Titus, The Message of – Marks of a Healthy Church
- Titus 1:1-16
- Titus 2:1-15 -Doctrine, Living, and the Glory of the Gospel
- Titus 3:1-15 – Living that Flows from the Gospel